Manipulative, destructive, and overpowering -- while Frank Underwood has his fair share of frightening qualities, he drops his fair share of inspiring quotes along the way. Here are 11 Frank Underwood quotes and the interpretation you can apply to your career or job search.
1. Don't always do things the way they've been done. The exceptions are often the winners.
2. Perception is an important factor in your success. Always look your best and make sure you're heard.
3. Teammates, bosses, mentors, and family are all bigger parts of your success than you realize. Nurture positive relationships.
4. If you don't take initiative, someone else will. Be the one to achieve promotion and grab opportunity.
5. A lost project, sale, or job won't make a dent in your career if you put in the effort to win every day with everything you do.
6. Each project within a job or job within a career is one piece of the journey, so make each one count to craft a great story.
7. Whether making moves within an organization or talking to one before you join, start the conversation early so you can make your move when the time is right.
8. You can always re-invent yourself, your role, or look for something entirely new. Satisfaction is key to success.
9. Whether in your own work or in a job offer, always check the details. They might be everything.
10. Build around your weaknesses. Either improve your soft spots or find teammates to ally with for top performance.
11. The best careers and job searches are made of hard work and challenges. Take on the big stuff to win big.
All images via House of Cards, Netflix.